Established in 2011, the USA Homeownership Foundation, Inc. DBA Veterans Association of Real Estate Professionals (VAREP), is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to increasing sustainable homeownership, financial-literacy education, VA loan awareness, and economic opportunity for the active-military and veteran communities. While our focus is on the active-military and veteran communities, our services are also offered to eligible low-to-moderate income (LMI) families. Our doors are open to all that want to realize the American Dream of homeownership. VAREP and its members represent and work within all sectors of the real estate, housing, and financial-services industries.
As a housing non-profit for vets, by vets, our success is measured not by a balance sheet for shareholders but by how many lives we can improve through our programs and services. Our proactive stance–providing financial-literacy education and advocating homeownership–may not end the epidemic of homelessness among the veteran community, but can prevent it from happening in the future, one veteran at a time.
Our mission is to increase sustainable homeownership, financial-literacy education, VA loan awareness, and economic opportunity for the active-military and veteran communities.
VAREP ACCOMPLISHES ITS MISSION THROUGH A FIVE POINT PLAN
- Homeownership Advocacy. Advocate nationally to develop programs that reduce barriers to homeownership in the military and veteran communities.
- Community Outreach. Foster responsible homeownership in the military and veteran communities by providing housing education through live and online courses on such topics as foreclosure prevention, financial literacy, and understanding credit—pre and post-purchase.
- Professional Membership. Provide a place where real estate and financial service professionals can share ideas, get educated, and be empowered to better serve the real estate needs of service members, veterans, and their families. Non-military members are welcome.
- Veteran Job Creation. Collaborate with organizations in the financial service sector to support veteran employment, and help implement legislation
- Affordable Housing. Provide affordable home buying opportunities for veterans and service members who have gone through VAREP’s homeownership education and counseling services.
For more information or become a member, go to varep Or contact Eric Pickard (734) 306-3901.